PDA

View Full Version : Error Code 0x00000020 cdFILE_IO_ERROR

AlanR
November 28th, 2005, 11:34 AM
I've started to see the following: Error Code 0x00000020 cdFILE_IO_ERROR

D/Ling a card (SanDisk UltraII, 1GB) via a card reader (Dazzle) to 2 windows PCs using the back-up plugin (both PCs running Win XP Home SP1), using a registered ver. of Downloader Pro (ver. 1.7).

Several files into a download, it'll stick for a few seconds then, the instead of "Estimated time remaining: xx mins" the dialog box will show "Downlaod Compl;eted" then an error box will appear with the above error message.

This has happend with different cards, from differet cameras (Canon 20Ds & 5D), but it doesn't always happen.

The d/l will restart if I close DownloaderPro & restart.

None of hardware has changed - the cards are several months old, as is the reader and the cameras (with the exception of the 5D). I've swapped the USB port in case it was the problem, but the same error can occur.

Any ideas of the cause?

Thanks

Alan

Chris Breeze
November 29th, 2005, 07:56 AM
There are three possible errors that can cause a cdFILE_IO_ERROR error to be reported:

The Windows library call to copy the file from the card reader to the download destination failed
The size of the downloaded file does not match the source file on the card reader
DLPro was unable to read the status of the file after downloading it

The first two could be caused by a problem with the card reader. The last one might indicate a problem with the destination drive. Do you have a different card reader you could try?

AlanR
November 30th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Thanks Chris

I don't have another reader, but I'll get one and try again.

Hope it's not the desitination HD going bad!

Alan

AlanR
December 13th, 2005, 08:53 PM
I re-routed the cable from my PC to the card reader (it was caught up in a lot of spaghetti, including power cables) and all now seems to be okay.

Could it have been interference on the USB cable?

Alan