PDA

View Full Version : Blank download screen -- solved!

DanaJ
December 1st, 2005, 03:38 AM
I have been having a problem with DLPro for almost a year now, with upgrades to newer versions not fixing the problem In the process of writing up my problems I tried fiddling with the window to get a better handle on the issue, and guess what -- I found the problem! Just in case anyone else ever sees this I'll write it up including the (rather obvious after the fact) solution.

The main window is completely blank. It used to, in an older and better age, show me the list of files on my flash card. It never shows anything now other than pure white. The menu items all work, the ITPC entry forms work, and if I click on "Download" it will download the images. Delete will delete them. But I cannot select images (since the main window is blank).

The window does let me select little rectangles, and the part on the top right below the menu items is completely blank. Ah, here is the issue. Somehow, and I have no idea how or why, all the title bars (Name, Size, Date, Status, etc.) all got pushed over to the left so they had size 0. There was no indication at all that these were there. By putting the mouse over the very left part of that specific area, I can then drag over to the right and get a title. Repeating the process finally shows all the titles, and the associated parts for the files.

Hooray! DL-Pro finally works like it used to!

Chris Breeze
December 1st, 2005, 08:19 AM
Thanks for letting us know the cause of the problem.

The various columns are allowed to be resized down to zero width so that you can hide unwanted columns, but doing this for all columns would result in nothing being displayed. I will add a test in DLPro to prevent this happening in future.