PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Card Readers

taijitodd
December 5th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Hi,

I'm using the new Lexar firewire readers that you can daisy chain together. Downloader will let me place multiple card reader locations in the general preferences. Is there a way to get downloader to automatically download from the next location in the list? I know that I can get it to auto start for the first location. Lexar allows for up to 4 readers to be daisy chained and it would be great if DLP could go from one to the next. Many thanks in advance!

Todd

Chris Breeze
December 6th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Sorry, Downloader Pro can only download from one card reader at a time. If Windows was more like Unix you could mount each of the card readers off a single parent directory and then point DLPro to the parent directory. I don't know of a way to do this in Windows.

What you could do is use Windows XP AutoPlay to launch a copy of DLPro for each card reader when the memory card is inserted and use the automation settings to download from these simultaneously. AutoPlay passes the drive letter to DLPro so each copy should connect to a different card reader.

taijitodd
December 6th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Thank you, Chris! I'll give it a shot.