PDA

View Full Version : nikon d200

Kerry Pierce
December 19th, 2005, 03:51 AM
I should have a d200 in a few days and would like to know if it will be supported in the near future. I already have a d70 and a d70s, so with the addition of the d200, I think file management would be much easier with Downloader Pro.

Using Downloader Pro, is it possible to copy some of the info, like ISO and Lens Data, that nikon hides in the maker notes to the standard EXIF fields for that data? Nikon is such a PITA about that stuff.... :mad:

I'm a registered user of the original BreezeBrowser, if that's important. :)

Thanks.

Chris Breeze
December 19th, 2005, 11:13 AM
I haven't tried the D200 yet. Unlike Canon, Nikon are reluctant to lend cameras to developers and so it may be a while before I get a chance to try one. Previous Nikon cameras appear as a drive letter in Windows Explorer and DLPro can download from as if they were a card reader and the D200 will probably be the same. Or of course you could use a card reader instead. DLPro doesn't modify the EXIF data in downloaded images, but you could use it to read the ISO value from the shooting data and store it in the IPTC data or use it in the name of the downloaded image.

GuyScharf
January 3rd, 2006, 04:24 AM
I have been using DLPro to transfer D200 NEF files, rename them, and add IPTC data without any problems.

Guy