PDA

View Full Version : Auto "safely remove" memory card

Edan
December 28th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Happy holidays to you all,

Is there a feature that will allow finishing the downloading process with a safe removal of the attached device? (mem-card/camera)

Kindly advice,
Edan

Chris Breeze
December 28th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Downloader Pro performs a "soft eject" on the card reader drive when it exits. You can use the automation settings in DLPro's preferences to get DLPro to download the images and then exit automatically. There shouldn't be any problems with "safe removal" when downloading from a Canon camera via the USB as the files aren't cached in memory. You can just connect the cable or turn the camera when you've finished downloading. It's a good idea to exit DLPro before disconnecting the camera otherwise it will display an error message to say the camera connection has been lost.

willy
January 11th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I've been trialing DLPro on my Win2k SP4 system and I checked the "auto eject" option in the General preferences tab and the "Soft eject" and "Exit downloader" options on the Automation tab. When DLPro is finished transferring my image files from my USB card reader and exits and I then unplug my card reader and card, Windows still complains that I have incorrectly removed my device just as it would if no safe removal techniques were used.

Am I doing something wrong? I just don't want to have to do extra steps to safely remove my card and reader.

BTW another downloader I have tried that has a feature like this performs this function successfully with no complaints from the OS.

willy

Rob Keijzer
January 24th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Hi. I also use Win 2000 SP4. Although I don't unplug the card reader, I do pull out the CF card after DLpro is done.

I have selected the "auto soft eject" in the automation process.

However, I still have to manually eject the CF card in Windows (right click on the CF-card in My Computer, then "Eject Disk", then pull the card), because if I just pull out the card, the next inserted card won't be recognized. (and I have to again "eject disk", pull the card, re-insert and then it's there).

Please advice,
Rob

Chris Breeze
January 25th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I've finally managed to work out what is causing this and will fix it in the next release.

arossphoto
October 17th, 2006, 12:29 AM
I've finally managed to work out what is causing this and will fix it in the next release.

This is an old thread, so I assume there has been a new version since the last post. But I'm testing the demo and still having the same problems with Win XP. I have checked the "automatically eject" option in the General tab, but it doesn't eject the card after downloading or after closing DLPro.

When downloading multiple cards it would be nice if DLPro ejected the card, without having to close the program.

Any ideas why it isn't working for me?

Thanks,

Andrew

Chris Breeze
October 17th, 2006, 08:36 AM
If you select the auto eject option in DLPro's preferences it will "eject" the card reader when you exit DLPro. This definitely works on my various Windows XP systems - after DLPro has ejected the card reader you can't see the memory card in DLPro or Windows Explorer until it has been removed and re-inserted.