PDA

View Full Version : Error code 0x030000A3, cdSTREAM_OPEN_ERROR

foresten
January 4th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Hi,

I just registered my Downloader Pro 1.7 and started downloading from my Canon 20D.

Everything works just great for jpeg files. They are named the way I want and transferred to the location I want.
When it comes to .CR2 files I get an error message 'Error code 0x030000A3, cdSTREAM_OPEN_ERROR' and only a few kbytes are downloaded.

I've reinstalled DL Pro and Canon's driver (version 5.4.1)

I'm running Win XP and the camera's firmware is version 1.1.0

Can anyone help me fix my problem with CR2 file downloads?

Thanks in advance

Chris Breeze
January 5th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Are you downloading directly from the camera or using a card reader? If you are downloading from the camera please make sure the camera's communication setting is set to "Normal" not "PTP".
I always use a USB 2.0 card reader for downloading my 20D files as it is abou 3 times faster than downloading directly from the camera.

foresten
January 5th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I am downloading directly from the camera (don't have a card reader) and the communication is set to 'Normal'.

Considering your experience with download times a card reader seems like a good investment ;)

Any more suggestions?

Chris Breeze
January 6th, 2006, 06:21 AM
The quality of the USB cable can affect the reliability of downloads as can connecting through a USB hub rather than directly to your computer. The other thing to check is that there is plenty of free space on your C: drive.

roine
January 11th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Hello

tis problem has been reported earlyer by me and other, but the tread at this forum is gone now (du to the move?), I have reverted to an older dl pro. I have an 1D mk2 and the latest DL doesent work via FW.

so try the prev version.

roine

My report to Chris 2005-09-14:
I installed 1.7 over 1.6.2 today.

When I connect the camera the DL starts, list all files, when I select download it starts downloading file #1, it download abt 12kb, then hangs for a while, a message box will pop up indicating problem reading from pipe....

I have now reinstalled 1.6.2 and i works again.

Chris Breeze
January 12th, 2006, 08:46 AM
I don't get this problem when downloading files from my 20D or 1D Mark II (not that I download directly from the cameras except for testing because it is too slow). There are no differences in the camera download code between DLPro v1.6.2 and 1.7 other than 1.7 uses a newer version of the Canon SDK.

roine
January 12th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Hello

Yes, but I get it on my two computers. So wh have to see if someone can find a way to isolate it.

Timing?

roine

Chris Breeze
January 13th, 2006, 07:42 AM
I've just tried this on three different computers (all running Windows XP Pro) downloading from a 20D (120 CR2 raw files on a 1Gb CF card) and it worked fine. The download times varied from 8.5 minutes on the fastest PC to around 10 minutes on the slowest.
Just for comparison I downloaded the same images using a SanDisk USB 2.0 card reader and it took just under 3 minutes to download all the files.

Do you get the same problem with Downloader Pro 1.7.1 beta 2? You can download this from http://www.breezesys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951

claudermilk
January 13th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I would suggest investing in a CF reader, they are cheap & much easier to deal with than trying to directly connect the camera. I have used 1.6.2 and 1.7 on literally tens of thousands of files from my 20D with no trouble at all (well, except when I had troubles with PolyImagePro.dll interactions with other apps). I download either from a Delkin CF reader or my PD70X.

roine
January 13th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Hello

I will try the beta.

I have a card reader.

But in the case I use FW to my 1D mk2 is in studio work, I take 5-20 pictures of a model, download these, we evaluate the pictures etc in C1, then I erase the CF. So it is no issue with speed, but I se a problem in taking out the CF the whole time.

Roine

roine
January 21st, 2006, 11:49 AM
Hello

The beta 2 works, I can now download files.

Roine

foresten
February 6th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Hello

I've invested in a card reader and it works just fine and faster. However, I still can't figure out why there is any difference between downloading jpeg (works) and raw (doesn't work) files when downloading directly from the camera, 20D.

Just to add to the confusion I can tell that downloading from the camera works for RAW files when using my other computer (laptop), also running XP SP2.

I haven't tried the 1.7.1 beta2 yet