PDA

View Full Version : card numbering?

jeanvalentin
January 6th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Hi,

I am in the trial version and although I looked at the help file, I couldn't find anything related to what I want to achieve.

I would like that each file name that is downloaded to be prefixed with card number:

First card inserted:
CRW_7001 -> card1_0001
CRW_7002 -> card1_0002

Second card inserted:
CRW_8001 -> card2_0003
CRW_8002 -> card2_0004

Is this possible?

My preferences as of right now:
Download directory: D:\Weddings\%Y\%J_%m%D%y
File name: %c_%n4
Prompt for job code

The way is setup now, it will create a file with the camera serial prefix. I would like to change that to a card number prefix. This is useful to find out if I downloaded all the cards.

Your response is appreciated.

Regards,
Valentin

Chris Breeze
January 6th, 2006, 07:02 AM
I don't think there is a reliable way to identify individual memory cards. The volume name is overwritten if you reformat the card in the camera.
You could use %R which is gives the number of downloads each day (it is incremented each time DLPro exits after having downloaded at least one file and is reset when the date changes). This may help, but it won't be able to tell you if you have downloaded one card twice.

jeanvalentin
January 6th, 2006, 04:25 PM
You could use %R which is gives the number of downloads each day (it is incremented each time DLPro exits after having downloaded at least one file and is reset when the date changes).

Thank you Chris. I will look into it. Does that mean that I have to exit DLP after each card? Or just changing cards will increase that number?

I have all my cards numbered: 1, 2,... I insert the cards in numeric order.

When I insert the first card, I would like DLP to prefix the file number with card number (1, 2..).

So I should have for file name: card%R_%n4 in order to get a file: card1_0001?

Regards,
Valentin

Chris Breeze
January 9th, 2006, 07:35 AM
You will need to exit Downloader Pro after each card is downloaded if you want to %R to be incremented for each card.