PDA

View Full Version : Numbering sequence

davidg32
January 9th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I'm trying to learn Downloader Pro and am running into a problem.

I have set D:\Images\%J\%r3 in Preferences.

I am downloading a group of files that run from _MG_0144.JPG to 0164. Using the preferences above the files are put into the proper folder I want and the file numbers come up as 144, 145, 146 up to 164.

What I'd like to do is have the numbers start with 001, 002, 003 etc. up to 021. Also, if I want to append to this folder from another camera (or card), I'd like to then start with 022 and on.

In other words I would like to start the numbering sequence with any number I choose.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

Edit: I just went to Photoshop and realize that instead of putting files in the target folder as files, I've put them each in its own subfolder. Obviously I'm not getting this right.

Chris Breeze
January 10th, 2006, 08:15 AM
The files will go into separate directories if you specify the download directory as D:\Images\%J\%r3. What you need to do is specify the download directory as D:\Images\%J and the filename as %r3. I don't recommend this because the numbering will be strange when your camera goes from IMG_0999.JPG to IMG_1000.JPG (you'll get 999.JPG and 000.JPG). Naming your files with the time and image number (e.g. %t_%r) might be a better way of doing it.

It isn't possible to rename the files so that they are numbered from 001 and have the numbering sequence continue from the last number the next time you download. This is because DLPro uses the download filename to compare images on the memory card with images in the download directory to determine if they have been downloaded already.