aadvarkz9
January 9th, 2006, 10:22 PM
How do I do download:

Camera 1 --> Folder 1
Camera 2 --> Folder 2
Camera 3 --> Folder 3

GuyScharf
January 10th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Use the Mapping page to define a different T9 for each camera. For example, T9=cam1 for the first camera; T9=cam2 for the second. Now, use %T9 in the download path as desired. For example, set the download path=G:\IMAGES\%T9\....

I do this to put D70 and D200 images in a common directory and CP950 images in a different directory.

Guy

aadvarkz9
January 10th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks Guy,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm new to this programme and not to sure of the syntax of the command strings etc...

I normally copy files like this

Canon 1D MkII (files prefixed GY1G) to a folder called A Today
Canon 1D files (prefixed C33C) to a sub-folder of A Today called 1D

What would I need to enter in DLP to get it to do this automatically?

Cheers,
Andrew

GuyScharf
January 10th, 2006, 07:39 PM
In the Preferences dialog, click on the Mapping page. Now drag one file from each camera to the mapping page. That should create an entry for each camera, if you're lucky and the cameras have unique identifiers. If you don't get unique entries for each camera, you'll have to wait for Chris Breeze to respond with suggestions, as you'll be beyond what I have done.

Edit each entry to set the directory name you want to use as the T9 variable.

The purpose of the Mapping page is to allow you to set the %T8 and %T9 variables to any values you find useful for a specific camera.

For example, when I drag a file from my Nikon D200 to the mapping page, I get an entry that says "Nikon D200 -> %T8=D200 | %T9=D200". I select the entry, press the Edit... button, and change the T9 value to dslr. After editing, my entry now reads "Nikon D200 -> %T8=D200 | %T9=dslr".

Now go to the Download Path page and set the path to the directory you want to save the files in. In my case, I use "H:\%T9\%Y\%m %b\%Y-%m-%D %J". This results in a directory name like "H:\dslr\2006\01 Jan\2006-01-06 Test Photos". I set the file name to be "%T8_%r4" which results in changing the camera-generated name of DSC_0123.NEF to D200_0123.NEF when the file is downloaded from the CF card.

Guy

aadvarkz9
January 10th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Got it!

C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew\Desktop\%T9\

Camera 1: T9=A Today
Camera 2: T9=A Today\1D
Camera 3: T9=A Today\Remote

Works a dream!