PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Destination Folder?

PBC
January 22nd, 2006, 04:14 PM
In my work-flow, I copy all my files from the card to a BACKUP folder (in folders based on date taken) and also I copy the files to my "Working" folder to be processed.

My flow then allows for a DVD to be burned when the Backup folder reaches 4.5Gb and then the folder is cleaned out.

My "Working" folder then contains the pictures yet to be processed and either deleted or filed else where.

My question about Download Pro is; is there anyway of meeting this work-flow need. I can download the files to the Backup folder; that works great. But what I then need is a second step that allows the same files to be copied to another folder as well.

Anyway of doing this?

Thanks

Phil

GuyScharf
January 22nd, 2006, 06:28 PM
The current version of DLP supports this. On the Preferences dialog, click on the Plug-Ins page. Enable and configure the Backup plugin to make a second copy.

fwiw, I used to use this approach to place a backup on another drive. Now I accomplish something similar but more complex with a different approach. I have set the "Custom Button" to invoke Second Copy and a script. After I download, I press the custom button. Second copy now makes two backups of the just-downloaded data. One copy goes on an external hard drive. Another copy goes on a second internal hard drive.

Guy

PBC
January 22nd, 2006, 07:28 PM
Great thanks. Things just get better :)

Phil