PDA

View Full Version : Change CR2 to RAW???

joesb1
January 31st, 2006, 10:48 AM
I bought a Canon EOS 1D Mark II N camera a few weeks ago. I have been using a Canon 20D.

I set the Mark II N up for Raw and sometimes Raw+Jpeg. I use a Delkin card reader and Downloader Pro to download the photos onto my hard drive.

The thumbnail photos have a “CR2” extension in the upper left corner of the thumbnail. I can edit in BreezeBrowser Pro and convert the photos. If I want to convert in PhotoShop CS2 it will not open the photo. The error message is “Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document”

When I download photos from my 20D using the same method a “RAW” extension is shown in the upper left corner of the thumbnail and PhotoShop CS2 WILL convert the photos.

I want to be able to convert photos in PhotoShop CS2 from the Mark II N camera. What am I doing wrong??

joesb1
January 31st, 2006, 01:18 PM
Chris, I changed the camera to take both Raw and Jpeg and got the "raw/jpeg" in the upper left corner of thumbnail. But photoshop still will not open the image.

This is probably a BreezeBrowser setup issue that I am doing wrong. Can you tell me the setting I need to permit Photoshop to open my raw image?

Chris Breeze
February 1st, 2006, 08:48 AM
It sounds as though you need to download the latest version of Adobe's Camera Raw in order to convert 1D Mark II N raw files in CS2. This can be downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html