PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request - Extract JPG from CRW

hjlamb
January 31st, 2006, 07:01 PM
Is there a way to extract the JPG from CRW using DLP? I still use older Canon equipment where the JPG is embedded in the RAW file. In my typical workflow, I prefer to use the extracted JPG for printing and generation of proog galleries for customers, unless a photo requires some special processing that needs to be handled in RAW conversion. It would be nice if the JPGs could be extracted and copied into an different directory during the download.

If this is not possible, is there an SDK for "Plug Ins" for DLP?

Sincerely,
Herb Lamb

Chris Breeze
February 1st, 2006, 08:52 AM
You can't do this using Downloader Pro but you can extract the embedded JPEG from a variety of raw formats including Canon's CRW format using BreezeBrowser Pro.
Downloader Pro does have an SDK plug-in and so you could write a plug-in to do this. The SDK can be downloaded from http://www.breezesys.com/Downloader/support.htm.

hjlamb
February 1st, 2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks, Chris. I knew that it can be done in BB or BBPro - that's how I do it now. I was just trying to automate a manual step. I may try my hand at building a plug in to do this. If I can get something that will work, I will post it back here and make it available to everyone.

One other question, is there a way to search images in BB or BBPro using the IPCTC or EXIF data? I am almost certain that this is not possible because there is no database with the application but I just wanted to verify.

Thanks for the wonderful applications.

Sincerely,
Herb Lamb

Chris Breeze
February 2nd, 2006, 07:46 AM
One other question, is there a way to search images in BB or BBPro using the IPCTC or EXIF data? I am almost certain that this is not possible because there is no database with the application but I just wanted to verify.
There isn't a search function at the moment, but I am planning to add a simple one in a future release.