PDA

View Full Version : What if I don't want .THM files?

Boucher_Photography.com
February 6th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Hi,

I shoot weddings professionally full time and one of my workflow steps is doing an image count comparison before and after downloading my images from card to computer to insure that I haven't lost a single precious image in the transfer process.

With that said, it's annoying to get an accurate count when .THM files are also created and downloaded in the process when shooting RAW.

It's also too time consuming and tedious to manually mouse click to deselect each .THM file in the DLPro window when I have 12 CF cards to download and an average of 1200 images per wedding.

I'm hoping there is a setting somewhere in DLPro where I can select to bypass downloading .THM files...is this true?

I'm using the trial version and this is pretty important for me.

Thanks,
Weston
http://www.BoucherPhotography.com

Chris Breeze
February 7th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Why do you want to delete the THM files? They are useful for thumbnails, accurate EXIF data and for storing IPTC data.

Evo2Me
February 7th, 2006, 07:48 AM
1. THM has all the metadata; almost all of them are missing from the main Canon RAW file.

2. Since THMs are a PITA when it comes to file management - as long as you don't use BreezeBrowser that is - I now convert my CRWs immediately after download to DNG.