PDA

View Full Version : 1.8 problem - cant startup automatically

dhphoto
February 12th, 2006, 12:45 PM
When I try and automate the process of starting Downloader upon insertion and then downloading the files by selecting 'Register for Autoplay Events' I get:

Error in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

and can go no further.

Running XP Pro on a Dell 2.8mhz 1gig Ram desktop.

Is this a known issue?

David

photoman43
February 12th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I just joined yesterday by downloading the trial version and set my preferences, one of which was " auto download." It did not work. To download, I had to designate the drive for my flash card reader and initiate the process myself. Once I did that, all was OK. I downloaded RAW files from Scandisk cards taken with a Nikon D 200. Joe Smith

dhphoto
February 13th, 2006, 06:01 AM
I can download ok, I just put the letters of the drives in the appropriate place, it is auto-startup I can't do - it is supposed to work with XP but I just get the error

David

Gary_Berg
February 13th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Have both of you used the Events menu to register for camera and/or autoplay events?

dhphoto
February 13th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Have both of you used the Events menu to register for camera and/or autoplay events?

That's precisely when the error occurs, when I try and register for auto-events

David

Gary_Berg
February 13th, 2006, 11:48 PM
That's precisely when the error occurs, when I try and register for auto-events
Are you set up as an administrative user of your PC, or do you have a limited account? Doing that setup might well require full admin privileges.

dhphoto
February 14th, 2006, 09:52 AM
I'm the sole user & administrator

Wayne N
February 15th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Same issue here and I know I'm the administrator. This didn't happen with v 1.7

dhphoto
February 16th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Same issue here and I know I'm the administrator. This didn't happen with v 1.7

Agreed.

I hope Chris can fix this when he gets back

David

Chris Breeze
February 20th, 2006, 02:34 PM
This appears to be a Windows registry problem. I don't know if it is a bug in Windows which is causing this. Please see http://www.breezesys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227 for more info.

dhphoto
February 21st, 2006, 12:27 PM
This appears to be a Windows registry problem. I don't know if it is a bug in Windows which is causing this. Please see http://www.breezesys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227 for more info.

All I know is it didn't happen in version 1.7 and it does happen in 1.8, nothing else in the pc has changed

David