PDA

View Full Version : Problem registering for autoplay

Wayne N
February 13th, 2006, 02:58 AM
I just upgraded to DLPro 1.8 and was attempting to autmoate it. When I click on "Register for Autoplay Events", I get and error message that I've never gotten with older versions; "Error opening Hkey_Classes_Root"

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

dhphoto
February 13th, 2006, 06:02 AM
See my question about exactly the same thing !

David

Chris Breeze
February 20th, 2006, 02:22 PM
I think this may be a problem with the Windows registry. I had exactly the same problem on one of my machines and found that parts of the Windows registry had strange permissions (not just the sections used by DLPro). I don't know what caused this on one Windows XP Pro PC and not on any of my other PCs. In the end I fixed the problem by restoring Windows back to a restore point from before the problem occurred.

Wayne N
February 21st, 2006, 12:23 AM
I think this may be a problem with the Windows registry. I had exactly the same problem on one of my machines and found that parts of the Windows registry had strange permissions (not just the sections used by DLPro). I don't know what caused this on one Windows XP Pro PC and not on any of my other PCs. In the end I fixed the problem by restoring Windows back to a restore point from before the problem occurred.
Hi Chris,

The issue here is I used DLPro 1.7, just minutes, literally, before downloading and installing 1.8. Version 1.7 worked properly. I'll try a restore just for fun.