PDA

View Full Version : Time zones and folder creation

Jeff P
February 21st, 2006, 02:40 AM
I have configured my download directory as: C:\Pictures\%Y-%m-%D. I live in the Easter Standard Time zone in the US and when I take pictures in the evening and then download them, I sometimes get two folders such as today: 2006-02-20 and 2006-02-21. Now, here, it's still 2/20 so I know that the program is doing some kind of local to UTC time conversion. How can I configure either the download folders or the program to be time zone aware and give me a locale specific folder date?

Chris Breeze
February 21st, 2006, 08:06 AM
Are you downloading images directly from a camera (if so, what camera model is it?) or are you using a card reader? If you are using a card reader there shouldn't be any problem provided the camera's clock is set correctly.

Jeff P
February 21st, 2006, 12:02 PM
I downloading from the camera directly and it's a Canon EOS 5D.

Chris Breeze
February 22nd, 2006, 07:48 AM
Please try setting "Use image capture time for timestamp" in DLPro's preferences (under the General tab) so that DLPro reads the date/time from the shooting data and not the file timestamps.

Jeff P
February 22nd, 2006, 01:10 PM
Thank you. Checking the box worked for me and changed the directory date to the date of the shoot adjusted to my local time zone.