PDA

View Full Version : Concurrent use of Photoshop Album

Mark Brown
February 24th, 2006, 02:09 AM
After seeing Arthur Morris and Tim Grey at the NANPA convention in Denver, I purchased Downloader Pro. I have a split personality as far as organizing my photos. I like to use Photoshop Album for my "casual" family photos as it is nice to see the visual time line and find photos that way. For my more "serious" photos, using downloader pro makes great sense as I can use catagories by subject, species, place, etc.
Finally for my questions: Is there a way to link (custom button?) to photoshop album for my "casual" photos? Will that create more than one file?
Am I creating a 2 headed monster here and should just abandon Photoshop album and organize with Downloader Pro? TIA for any help or insight. I have been taking digital photos since 2003 and I really need to get some organization installed. Any suggestions for organizational schemes would be welcome. Mark Brown Greeley Colorado

Chris Breeze
February 24th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I haven't used Photoshop Album but if it works like other album software it will index the photos on your disk and it doesn't matter how they were downloaded. This shouldn't result in two copies of each image. You may need to tell Photoshop Album to refresh the folder contents after a download or it may do it automatically.