PDA

View Full Version : problem files

Jerry
February 26th, 2006, 03:18 AM
I am downloading off a Sandisk 1G extreme card.
I received the error message

"237 files to download of which 90 are problems files"

In the display window the problem files are shown in the status column as
"size different"

When I attempt to download all the files on the disk I get the message

"Warning: There are 90 files which can't be downloaded. 147 files can be downloaded. Do you wish to download them now?

Why do I get this message? How do I correct it.

When I copy these problem files under Windows the files load just fine into Photoshop and Breezebrowser.

Gary_Berg
February 26th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I think that by "problem file" DL means a file which will replace a file on disk. Does that make sense that this might be the source of the problem?

DL shows the source and destination locations as I recall, so you can look to see if there's a duplicate.

DavidB
February 26th, 2006, 03:55 PM
The DL Pro help file explains the 'size different' annotation in these terms:

'A file of the same name but with a different size is in the download directory. This probably means that the file has already been downloaded and has been edited. It will not be overwritten when "Download" is pressed.'

It may also, of course mean that you have some form of file naming clash, and are trying to overwrite existing files with other files of the same name. So, as Gary suggests, the way to fix the problem is to find these duplicate file names, and figure out how they come to be that way.

Your DL Pro filenaming system (if you use one) may be the cause of the problem, or you may just have left images on your card that you thought had been deleted.

Another, but I think more remote, possibility is that the file system on your card may have beome corrupt. That you can easily fix by making sure that there is nothing you want to keep on the card and formatting it in your camera; it is not a bad idea to do this from time to time in any case.

Hope this helps.