PDA

View Full Version : Only import with a special extension

peterjohansson
February 27th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Hi there
Is it possible to write a plug-in that only import files with a special extension, not the other files.

regards
peter johansson

Chris Breeze
March 3rd, 2006, 09:11 AM
Sorry it isn't possible to do this because the plug-in is only run after the file has been downloaded.

peterjohansson
March 9th, 2006, 11:07 AM
If not a plugin can do the job, is it possible to make the program to do this?
regards
Peter

Chris Breeze
March 10th, 2006, 07:41 AM
The problem is the files won't contain any shooting data (or if they do DLPro won't be able to read it) and so DLPro won't know where to download them.

peterjohansson
March 14th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Can i get the DLP to change the name of file extension?

Chris Breeze
March 15th, 2006, 08:33 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean something like changing IMG_0123.JPE to IMG_0123.JPG? Downloader Pro can't do this because normally it is important to keep the file extension so that Windows knows what type of file it is.

peterjohansson
March 17th, 2006, 06:05 AM
I mean if it can change 0123.mod to 0123.mpg?
or
Is it possible to only import files with a special extension like ".mod" but not any other files.

regards peter

Chris Breeze
March 17th, 2006, 08:25 AM
No, I'm sorry it isn't possible to do this with Downloader Pro.
What are .mod files and what camera/device is creating them?

peterjohansson
March 17th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Mod-files come from video-cameras like Panasonic SDR-S100 and JVC Everio. The problem is that our software can not recognice Mod-files only mpg and mpeg-files.

peter

martinlooker
March 17th, 2006, 09:30 AM
I'd like to see an optional filename filter for files to download. (If this is what Peter is asking for).

The default would be *.* but you could also specify things like *.NEF to just download nefs and leave jpegs untouched for eaxmple. Or something like 2005*.* to download my 2005 only files where this is my naming convention.

This is something else (see my post in BBPro about rankings and IPTC) that would really help the reorganisation effort I'm about to embark upon.

peterjohansson
March 17th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Yes, this is what Peter is asking for a filename filter. Thanks for that Martin.
I hope we can see this in a future version.

peter