PDA

View Full Version : newbie question on set-up

bonalymac
February 28th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Hi I downloaded the trial edition today after reading Tim Grey book on Workflow. Within 30 mins I'd paid for it. Thanks, I love it so far. Its exactly what I want for my main iamge work.

Now can you help me please.

I have a feeling that i would like to set up several sets of preferences, and I wonder if I can do this somehow.

I've set up quite a complex directory & file naming path (including back-ups which I love) that I want to use with all my "serious" photography.

However there will be other times eg when I take a few pictures for ebay for example where I do not want back-ups, nor do I want the same storage path.

Finally, I'd like to take my existing images (several thousand) and run them through the system to name and store them in a standard way. File naming for these will need to be significantly different from the current saved preferences, as some already have "job" info included.

I don't want to lose all the preferences I have currently set-up, so is there a way to start the prog with one of a number of pre-set preferences.

Many thanks

Colin

Gary_Berg
February 28th, 2006, 04:19 PM
The settings are stored in the registry, you could export the settings you want to keep and clean them up so they only have the settings you want (use something like notepad to do this). Then you could have registry files that would switch between settings.

bonalymac
March 15th, 2006, 08:02 AM
THnaks for the suggestion.

Sounds a bit complicated tho

Chris Breeze
March 15th, 2006, 08:36 AM
You can define some of the settings using command line arguments (please see the help file for details). You could create a number of desktop shortcuts with different settings.
The other option is to make use of the fact that DLPro stores the settings for the current user and so you could have different Windows logins for different configurations.

bonalymac
March 15th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Chris

Thanks

Command line settings sound exactly like what I want. I'll read the help file to get the details.

Thanks again - Great product.