PDA

View Full Version : Mac ?

lewisfam98
February 8th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Is there any chance BB (or BBPro) will ever be usable on a Mac....

I'm about feed up with the windows world--I might not even mind having to rebuy PS and various other software, but I really do like BB.......so for the record, at this point it's one of the only reasons I'm still in PC land....

Mick

nathanj
February 9th, 2005, 05:24 AM
I too wonder whether BB or BB Pro might someday make it to other platforms. My first thought when hearing about BB Pro was "I wonder if it has been designed in a way that makes it portable to other systems".

We have a Mac and a PC at home. So far I haven't found anything for MacOS or Linux that I'm happy with as an alternative to BB, so I'm sticking with Win98 on the PC for now.

I might be able to get BB running under WINE (Windows emulator for Linux), but WINE won't run on Apple hardware.

Chris Breeze
February 9th, 2005, 08:43 AM
I think it is highly unlikely that BB or BBPro will be ported to other platforms because they both make extensive use of libraries which are only available for Windows.

lewisfam98
February 9th, 2005, 01:41 PM
I think it is highly unlikely that BB or BBPro will be ported to other platforms because they both make extensive use of libraries which are only available for Windows.

Darn.....

Mick