PDA

View Full Version : Resizing images ...

rogerfsmith
April 1st, 2006, 10:33 PM
I am wanting to resize an entire folder of images to a target size just like happens in "Proofs" but I don't want it to resize those images that are less than the target size.

For example, I want to have all the images in the folder be no bigger than 400x400. When I try this in proofs, it creates all the proofs no larger than 400x400, but it enlarges those that start out smaller than that which in some cases makes them really bad.

So what I want is the ability to resize ONLY if the image is larger than the target resize parameters.

Can I do this within BB Pro?

Thanks,
Roger

Chris Breeze
April 3rd, 2006, 07:45 AM
You can't do this with proofs because, as you say, it will enlarge images which are smaller than the specified size. You could use BBPro's HTML generator to do this if the images are all JPEGs. If "Reuse existing images" is set it will copy the original image if it is the same size or smaller than the target size.
Alternatively you could try batch renaming the images to prefix the filename with the width or height and then sort numerically to order them by size so that it is easier to select the ones to be resized.

rogerfsmith
April 3rd, 2006, 06:55 PM
You can't do this with proofs because, as you say, it will enlarge images which are smaller than the specified size. You could use BBPro's HTML generator to do this if the images are all JPEGs. If "Reuse existing images" is set it will copy the original image if it is the same size or smaller than the target size.
Alternatively you could try batch renaming the images to prefix the filename with the width or height and then sort numerically to order them by size so that it is easier to select the ones to be resized.

It makes it quite a complex operation to do with the HTML (as I had thought of that). I then have to rename all of the photos back to their original name since that is what I need.

It doesn't seem like it would be a hard feature to add to the Proofs tool since you must be getting the size of the imager internally during the "proofing process"

cheers,
Roger

Chris Breeze
April 4th, 2006, 08:53 AM
It probably wouldn't be hard to add this as an option in proofs but it would add complexity to the dialog. Nobody has requested this feature before and so presumably it isn't a very common requirement.