PDA

View Full Version : can't turn the picture

theo
April 3rd, 2006, 06:54 PM
After loaded 2300 TIF files of 5mb, I can't turn picture #1910 and more. 1909 and lower is no problem to turn cw or ccw, both are working.
All pictures are in 1 folder. I have other folders with >5K RAW's and it's no problem to turn. I have installed 1.42 version of BB. It's the first time I mentioned this problem. Anyone else with the same "bug"?

rgds - theo

Chris Breeze
April 4th, 2006, 08:50 AM
You can only rotate simple TIFFs. Complicated multi-page TIFFs or TIFFs with layers can't be rotated without losing information. You can use proofs to create a rotated copy of the TIFF but this won't include the layer and other information.

theo
April 4th, 2006, 04:18 PM
You can only rotate simple TIFFs. Complicated multi-page TIFFs or TIFFs with layers can't be rotated without losing information.

It are ALL regular TIF files Chris, no layer or what else. It's just as I told no#1910 and higer I can't rotate, no#1909 and lower is no problem to rotate.
If I try to rotate a verry short flas of the rotating message appaer and will go without rotating the image.

rgd - theo

Chris Breeze
April 5th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Are you saying that if you try to rotate 2300 TIFFs that it rotates the first 1909 and then fails on the 1910th image? Can you rotate the the 1910th image on its own? i.e. is the problem related to the number of TIFFs you try to rotate at one time?

theo
April 6th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Chris, up to 1910 I can rotate all in one time, or one only. nr1911 and up I can't rotate.
I have "moved" 1911 - 1930 to a new folde, and no rotating is posible as wel in that new folder. I have copied 1911 - 1930 with proof to the (new) proof folder and then I can rotate them. I pick them up and put them back in the original folder and then I can rotate them, up to 1930. 1931 and up is not posible to rotate like before.

rgds - theo

Chris Breeze
April 7th, 2006, 07:44 AM
It sounds as though the TIFFs from #1910 onwards are different from #1 to #1909 and can't be rotated.
BTW Why do you need to rotate TIFFs? Normally I only ever work on TIFFs after converting raw files and the raw files are always correctly rotated and so there isn't any need to rotate the TIFFs.

theo
April 7th, 2006, 09:45 AM
That's correct Chris, 1911 and up I can't rotate.

I'm busy to scan all my analogue slides, that’s why I'm using TIFF's and I want to rotate the wrong ones for examination before I do something in Photoshop. All scanned Tiff's are the same.

The failure happens after I had downloaded the newest version of BrBr, or near to (I think 20 slides after the upload of BB).
Now I add the slides in a new folder and no problem.
So I have still appr. 650 "frozen" slides in the first folder.

what do you suggest?

rgds – Theo

Chris Breeze
April 10th, 2006, 09:39 AM
There must be something different about the TIFFs which don't rotate. You can use proofs to create rotated copies of those images without loss of quality (but you will lose any layer information).