PDA

View Full Version : HTML: Separate folder for image files

dleepenn
April 11th, 2006, 01:49 PM
When I generate my web pages, I like to post 2 versions, a BEST version and an ALL version. On my recent trip, the BEST set is composed of 100 images from the ALL version (319 images).

I'd like to see the jpeg files stored in a separate folder. I'd then like to see an option to process another HTML set that will re-use the jpegs from the prior generation. Would save me a substantial amount of disk space.

One thought would be to allow us to have BBPro put the web jpegs into a special subfolder under HTML. Then also allow for the generation of another web page but allow us to tell BBpro to note generate web jpegs but to just use the image folder name.

Lee

Chris Breeze
April 12th, 2006, 09:00 AM
There are a number of ways you could do this. One way is to edit the template to use Javascript and use this to select all images or just the tagged ones. This would require a fair amount of work and detailed knowledge of HTML and Javascript, but once it is done you could tag the best images in the directory and then run the HTML generator once to create a "best" and "all" gallery.

Another way to do it is to use a technique similar to the multi-view template and run the HTML generator twice. The first time you run it with all images selected and keep a copy of index2.htm and related pages. Then run it again with just the best images selected, delete all the index2.htm and related pages and copy back the ones you saved earlier.

BTW the HTML generator does allow you to create images in separate folders. You can set this in BBPro's preferences under the "HTML Generation" tab.