PDA

View Full Version : Html gallery questions

Colin Robinson
April 14th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Can someone please help.
I am an event photographer and can sometimes have a gallery of 800 images to display.I am using a modified multi index template which may have 40 pages of thumbnails at 5x4 per page, but this gives a next/previous method of navigation through the pages of thumbnails, so if some one has two kids at the event, or is in two classes and they have a photo on page 2 and on page 39, they have to click through and download a lot of stuff they are not interested in to get to their images.
I seem to remember seeing a BB template which has a thumbnail page navigation menu along the top with page 1, page 2..............page 40 which would be so much faster, but I can't find it. Was it BB or another product- or is the oldtimers disease finally kicking in and I'm just imagining it?
If a javascript guru could come up with renaming that page 1 - page 40 index with time slots- eg 1000 hours - 1030, 1030-1047-etc with the start and finish time for each page of 5x4 (or whatever) thumbnails taken from the exif of the first and last image on the page, then I would be a very happy camper, and the increased sales would make me rich enough to squeeze the piggy bank to pay for such a template, or a donation to a charity of your choice.
Any ideas guys?

Peter
April 17th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Maybe this is what you are looking for:
www.eostemplate.com (http://www.eostemplate.com)

Regards,
- Peter -

Chris Breeze
April 18th, 2006, 06:48 AM
The "multi index", "drop shadow multi index" and "picture frame multi index" templates let you click through pages of thumbnails or go direct to the page you want to load.