PDA

View Full Version : Poor Raw conversion (D200)

twinger
April 18th, 2006, 09:23 PM
I'm unable to get decent Raw conversions from my D200 files. No matter how I adjust levels, saturation, and sharpness, the conversions are washed out and lack punch. Is this a common problem?

(P.S. I get great results from Elements 3.0, Rawshooter, and Bibble, which I use on my laptop, but my home system is running Win98 and can't run any of these programmes.)

Chris Breeze
April 19th, 2006, 10:08 AM
BBPro uses the DCRAW open source libraries to convert D200 files which should give good results. Using auto levels will probably give better results. You can also setup BBPro to pass the raw files to another app to convert them if you prefer.

twinger
April 21st, 2006, 02:00 PM
The reason I'd like to work with BBPro is that my desktop is running Win98 and I don't have any other Raw conversion software that will run on it.

I really am getting poor results, no matter what I do with levels (auto or manual). Saturation must be set to 200 (max) just to reach normal saturation. The images are washed out and lack sharpness. Using "extract jpeg" produces a rather nice result, but, of course, I then lose the control that is desirable with Raw conversions. By the way, I get the same poor results when running BBPro on my laptop running XP.

Perhaps I could send a couple of examples and a screen shot to you?

Thanks.

Chris Breeze
April 24th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Please can you send an example raw file to [email protected]. You can use a free service like yousendit.com to send the file if it is too large to email.