PDA

View Full Version : Proofs from Raw

twinger
April 19th, 2006, 10:03 AM
When I try to produce "Proofs" from my D200 NEF files, BreezeBrowser Pro reports "Exception Processing Proofs" and quits processing. Is this a bug in the programme?

Chris Breeze
April 19th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I think there may be a problem with the way it handles 8-bit vs 16-bit conversion if you don't select any of the other settings in proofs (auto levels, resize, sharpen). Does it work if you select some of the other proofs options?

Lusis
April 20th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I am having the same problems trying to create proofs from my d70s NEF files. It attempts to do 8 bit on it instead of 16 bit then gives the "exception processing proofs" error. I've tried toggling all the options on and off. It works fine on CRW RAW files.

I downloaded the version prior (1.3.2?) to the latest and it did not produce the same error. However, I did notice it was still using 8bit routines on them.

Please let me know if you need anymore information.

Chris Breeze
April 21st, 2006, 08:17 AM
The latest development version of BBPro seems OK but BBPro v1.4.2 appears to have problems converting NEFs in proofs. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to release an update just yet as I'm halfway through adding XMP support. I may be able to release an alpha version in a week or so. Until then, please can you use the raw converter to batch convert the images or run the previous release.