PDA

View Full Version : Raw Conversion to CS2

Charlie Woodrich
April 19th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I use BB Pro to convert raw files into TIFF files. Normally after BB finishes this conversion it opens up the converted file in Photoshop. Things had been working fine until yesterday. when I attempted to convert an image it wouldn't open the TIFF file in PS. Instead I received the following message "PS8 doesn't run under this version of the operating system. Please check the minimum requirements for the operating system level nessary for this software." I haven't changed any of the settings. I have 1GB of RAM; a 300GB hard drive; the operating system is Windows XP.
Any ideas on what I need to do?

Chris Breeze
April 20th, 2006, 10:55 AM
I don't get this on my system with CS2. The only thing I can think of is checking that the editor settings are correctly setup in BBPro's preferences. I use the following string for the command line on my system:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Photoshop.exe

The fact that it says "PS8" might indicate that the editor settings are incorrect because CS2 is Photoshop 9 (CS is Photoshop 8).

Charlie Woodrich
May 15th, 2006, 10:58 PM
I went into the raw editor and went to program files/adobe/photoshop cs2 and it only gives me the option to open the file. I don't get this. Everything worked fine until I updated the adobe bridge.

Chris Breeze
May 16th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you go to BBPro's preferences, click on the editor tab and then use the "..." button to select the editor it will display the standard Windows file open dialog. Once you have located the Photoshop.exe file for CS2 you can click the "Open" button and it will be copied into the command line field in the editor preferences window. On my system the command line for CS2 is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Photoshop.exe

janrif
May 16th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I went into the raw editor and went to program files/adobe/photoshop cs2 and it only gives me the option to open the file. I don't get this. Everything worked fine until I updated the adobe bridge.
In my experience, Adobe is notorious for causing problems every time one "1" or "0" is changed. Current Bridge is 1.03 & it took a call to Adobe tech support to make it work properly for me. And now, for no reason at all, the updater can't connect to the internet. I would look @ Bridge as BBpro call to program is pretty straight forward.

JanRif
Ridgefield CT USA
w2k sp4 EOS 1D-MkII

Charlie Woodrich
May 16th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you go to BBPro's preferences, click on the editor tab and then use the "..." button to select the editor it will display the standard Windows file open dialog. Once you have located the Photoshop.exe file for CS2 you can click the "Open" button and it will be copied into the command line field in the editor preferences window. On my system the command line for CS2 is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Photoshop.exe

Chris - I tried this and nothing happens when I click on open. I'm wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall.

Chris Breeze
May 17th, 2006, 07:29 AM
It sounds as though it may be a problem with Photoshop. BBPro will display an error message if it is unable to execute the command to edit the image.