PDA

View Full Version : 3 Bugs? Bad Thumbnails and Watermarking

JinWTX
April 22nd, 2006, 03:31 AM
I recently downloaded and installed the new BBPro 1.4.2. I am experiencing 3 (bugs?) problems:

#1: In one folder of about 100 TIF images, the thumbnails of about 95% appear only as horizontal lines and/or noise. The full image previews fine, but the thumbnails (small, med, or large) do not display. About 5% of the file's thumbnails appear normal. All files are from the same batch of converted RAW files, and I have used the exact same processing on these that I have used for a long time now.

#2: In a different folder of JPG files that I made 800x600 proofs of, I placed on the proofs my usual 2 watermarks that I have been using for a long time. On just a very few of these proofs, one watermark appears (the text watermark), but the second (image) watermark does not. Most files show both watermarks, as they shoudl have. This entire batch was proofed at the same time, and I have tried proofing the incorrectly marked files individually, but they still lack the 1st watermark.

#3: The watermark options I have selected ar to place the marks on the top & middle. Instead, the marks show up on the top and bottom fo the files.

I have used these same watermarks and settings for a long time now without problems. Anyone having the same ordeal? Anyon ehave any ideas? Thanks!

EXAMPLE LINKS:
- Corrupted view of TIFFs:
http://www.geocities.com/phase22000/tiff-screenshot
- Both watermarks as usual:
http://www.geocities.com/phase22000/both-watermarks
- Top missing (same folder, batch, resolution/size, same raw conversion in batch process from Canon DPP and edited for greyscale in PS CS2):
http://www.geocities.com/phase22000/missing-watermark

WinXP, P4, 1GB ram.

Chris Breeze
April 24th, 2006, 07:06 AM
I recently downloaded and installed the new BBPro 1.4.2. I am experiencing 3 (bugs?) problems:

#1: In one folder of about 100 TIF images, the thumbnails of about 95% appear only as horizontal lines and/or noise. The full image previews fine, but the thumbnails (small, med, or large) do not display. About 5% of the file's thumbnails appear normal. All files are from the same batch of converted RAW files, and I have used the exact same processing on these that I have used for a long time now.
Please can you send me a copy of one of the TIFFs which shows a bad thumbnail. Some apps have bugs in the way they write TIFF thumbnails and so it may not be a problem with BBPro but with the app that wrote the TIFF.

#2: In a different folder of JPG files that I made 800x600 proofs of, I placed on the proofs my usual 2 watermarks that I have been using for a long time. On just a very few of these proofs, one watermark appears (the text watermark), but the second (image) watermark does not. Most files show both watermarks, as they shoudl have. This entire batch was proofed at the same time, and I have tried proofing the incorrectly marked files individually, but they still lack the 1st watermark.
It's possible that Windows run short of graphics resources when running proofs on large numbers of files. I've never been able to reproduce this problem even with proofs of 6000+ images. Please can you send me a screenshot of your settings so that I can test this on my system.

#3: The watermark options I have selected ar to place the marks on the top & middle. Instead, the marks show up on the top and bottom fo the files.
Please can you send me a screenshot of the proofs settings you are using so that I can test it on my system with the same settings?
I tested this on my system with a PNG image top, center for watermark 1 and two lines of text in the center for watermark 2 and both watermarks were correctly placed.

JinWTX
April 28th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Issue # 3 was solved by the trouble-maker, himself, Me, and was the result of pure dumb@##ss-edness.

Issue # 2 was solved by Chris. The images were being resized during proofing, and on my portrait-oriented Photoshop-ed images, the watermark image itself was exactly 1 pixel smaller than the resized image, so the program did not know what to do but leave it out. I'd never have figured it out... Thanks again Chris!