PDA

View Full Version : BB getting hung up on network drives

mukherjeeprem
February 11th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I was thinking about getting BB to play with on my computer at work. I installed the trial version, but everytime I launch it, it tries to open up to a folder. The first folders that it tries to scan are network folders...there must be hundreds of network folders and BB can't access any of them. It tries to open one, then gets stuck for about 2 minutes, then goes to the next and gets stuck for 2 minutes...like I said, there are hundreds of these folders! I just want it to go to my C: drive but I can't get it there because it's stuck for hours trying to go through these network drives.
How do I make it NOT do that? I can't change anything in preferences or anything like that because immediately when launced it starts searching these folders.

Prem

Ferdinand in Paris
February 12th, 2005, 04:36 PM
You can start BB with a command line parameter like C:\, however you may still have problems if the option to "Load most recent directory when starting BreezeBrowser" is selected. I suspect it is by default.

Could you unplug your network cable for a few minutes while you start BB so that you can turn this option off?

F_P

Chris Breeze
February 14th, 2005, 09:24 AM
It probably isn't hanging but is just take a very long time to scan the hundreds of folders on the network drive (it tests whether each folder has subfolders to see whether a [+] box needs to be displayed). You can drag and drop a folder from Windows Explorer onto the BB desktop shortcut to avoid it reloading the last folder visited.