PDA

View Full Version : DSLR Remote Pro connecting to the "wrong" camera

DavidK
February 16th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Chris,

I was surprised to find that when my application launched DSLR Remote Pro, it immediately connected to my PowerShot Pro1. I went so far as to take a couple of pictures before launching 10D Remote which also connected to the camera. These two applications really shouldn't be talking to a PowerShot.

Secondary problem is that when I have DSLR Remote Pro and PSRemote both running, how can I reliably control which application grabs the correct camera? DSLR Remote is supposed to be controlling the EOS-10D only. PSRemote should connect to the PowerShot Pro1.

David

DavidK
March 7th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Hey Chris,

Glad to see that you are back. I am hoping to get a reply on this question. I haven't found a solution as of yet.

Thanks,
David

Chris Breeze
March 8th, 2005, 12:38 PM
The Canon PowerShot and EOS SDKs don't appear to distinguish between PowerShot and EOS cameras and will attempt to connect to either. I should be able to put in some additional checks to avoid PSRemote connecting to EOS cameras and DSLR Remote Pro connecting to PowerShot cameras.
Currently if both cameras are connected at the same time you should get a selection dialog allowing you to manually select the correct camera.

Chris Breeze
March 8th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I've just tested this with PSRemote v1.4 and DSLR Remote Pro v1.1 beta 5 (which both use the latest versions of the Canon SDKs) and they do connect to the right cameras. PSRemote won't connect to a EOS camera and DSLR Remote Pro won't connect to a PowerShot camera. Tested with a PowerShot A80, EOS 10D and EOS 20D.

DavidK
March 10th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Chris,

That's exciting news! Thanks for checking out this problem. I have been using PSRemote v1.3 and DSLR RemotePro v1.0. I'll do the upgrade ASAP.

David

DavidK
March 17th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Chris,

I upgraded to PSRemote Pro 1.4 and DSLR Remote beta 1.5. That solved the "cross-connecting" issue very nicely. Big step forward!

I didn't get much chance to check out the PSRemote dll functionality in 1.3, but am definitely having troubles with calling SetImageSizeQuality() in 1.4 I don't see it listed in the header file either.

Can you see if SetImageSizeQuality() was omitted from the dll or library - I'd like to use that setting.

Thanks again,
David

Chris Breeze
March 18th, 2005, 06:56 AM
There isn't a way to set the size and quality using the interface library at the moment. I will include it next time I update the library.