PDA

View Full Version : What's new in BB Pro?

gunars
January 17th, 2005, 10:04 PM
I've been using BB for a while now and was wondering what's new in the Pro version? I've noticed the new image comparison for displaying more than one image at once and perhaps some additions to raw processing (I don't have raw files, so I've ignored the details). What else is new?

BTW, this is not a troll. Although I qualify for the perpetual upgrades to BB, I have no objections to paying for an upgrade to BB Pro if it has features I would find useful.

Gunars

Chris Breeze
January 18th, 2005, 07:53 AM
There are many differences and the two products will continue to diverge over the next few months. BBPro has the image comparison window, image caching and lookahead, faster image processing and support for more image formats.

Evo2Me
January 18th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Although I qualify for the perpetual upgrades to BB, I have no objections to paying for an upgrade to BB Pro if it has features I would find useful.

Like you I am a lifetimer on BB. At the end of last year I extensively tested BBP and decided that currently the thumbnail caching and slightly faster image display is one point in favour of the Pro version. What pushed me over was Chris' nearly immediate inclusion of a file format still important to and suggested by me: Kodak PhotoCD. It's in BBP but not BB.

AFAIUI, in the future so called professional cameras will be supported only by BBP - whatever that means.

Darren
February 15th, 2005, 11:21 AM
This might have been suggested previously, but can I suggest a feature matrix table? This would allow users and potential users to see at a glance which features are present in which product.

A changelog of new features with each version would also be useful. A "what's new" bit for each version.

Thanks.

Chris Breeze
February 15th, 2005, 12:06 PM
There are release histories for BB and BBPro on the website:
http://www.breezesys.com/BreezeBrowser/release_history.htm
http://www.breezesys.com/BreezeBrowser/bbpro_release_history.htm

The BBPro help file also lists the changes in each release.

Darren
February 15th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks Chris.