PDA

View Full Version : Crashing on proofs

ssim
August 2nd, 2007, 11:40 PM
I did a search and found a thread similiar which is this one (http://www.breezesys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2247&highlight=proofs). The difference being that I am using XP Pro.

It is really hit and miss. I have a folder of 409 wedding images that I am trying to resize and apply watermarking to. I have always been able to do this in one long pass. When I started the first time, it crashed after about 15 images. I thought maybe it was that I had too many selected. I started doing about 20 at a time. Sometimes it would make it, sometimes not. I have started on a clean boot and ran absolutley nothing else. With the same results. When I restart it and pickup on the image it died on it will go again for a short period. I load one of about 4 proofing profiles that I have changed (it would be nice if it said on the proofing dialogue box which one you have loaded.)

I am working on version 1.7, Win XP PRO with service Pack 2. Running on a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ with 4GB or Ram.

The watermarking that I am doing is applying a small png file to the center and lower right hand corner.

The thing that I don't understand is that it is so hit and miss.

Chris Breeze
August 13th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Can you send me a copy of the PNG watermark file and the proofs settings you're using so that I can try to reproduce the problem on my system? (Please send them to [email protected]).

ssim
August 14th, 2007, 10:17 PM
I will do this. I am on the road for a couple of weeks though. As a matter of interest it does it whether I am doing the watermarking or not but it does seem more frequent when watermarking.