PDA

View Full Version : Viewing file casues it to be tagged

dhphoto
August 7th, 2007, 06:23 PM
(using latest version 1.7.1)

I'm experiencing the phenomenon that when I select a file, or some files to 'view actual image' the files get tagged too.

Is this supposed to happen?

Win XP Pro, Dell, 4 gig ram

David

Clive
August 7th, 2007, 09:38 PM
My similar system does not show this effect.

Raw, tiff or jpeg? What selection method?

I can only select view one image "actual size" at a time - how do you have several selected and view them actual size?

dhphoto
August 8th, 2007, 06:18 AM
My similar system does not show this effect.

Raw, tiff or jpeg? What selection method?

I can only select view one image "actual size" at a time - how do you have several selected and view them actual size?

If you have several images selected as thumbnails you can browse through them in 'view actual image' mode (without exiting that mode every time), which I find useful, however it seems to also have the effect of leaving the shots 'tagged'.

I'm using jpegs created from RAW files via DPP

David

Clive
August 8th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Where is the button, or what is the key to move to the next image? That would be useful.

Ah - found it. Right-click menu, or Ctl-Right or -Left cursor. And it does leave the images tagged. Guess we'll have to await Chris's return to find out whether it is intended behaviour or not.

dhphoto
August 8th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Where is the button, or what is the key to move to the next image? That would be useful.

Ah - found it. Right-click menu, or Ctl-Right or -Left cursor. And it does leave the images tagged. Guess we'll have to await Chris's return to find out whether it is intended behaviour or not.

It seems to be an anomaly, I'm glad it's not just me :)

David

Chris Breeze
August 13th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I'm not sure why this is happening. It appears to be a bit of debug code that shouldn't be in a release build. I will remove it in the next update.

dhphoto
August 16th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure why this is happening. It appears to be a bit of debug code that shouldn't be in a release build. I will remove it in the next update.

Can you ensure that is before the 24th October please Chris :)

My registration runs out then!

David

Chris Breeze
August 17th, 2007, 07:43 AM
I not sure exactly when the next release will be ready but there is will almost certainly be at least a beta release before then.

dhphoto
August 17th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I not sure exactly when the next release will be ready but there is will almost certainly be at least a beta release before then.

I would really hope so Chris, this is quite annoying.

It means any tagging you have previously done is pointless, as they all get mixed up and one has to keep untagging every file you have seen at 100%.

I would be a tad miffed to have to pay to get such an obvious problem put right

David

dhphoto
September 9th, 2007, 11:58 AM
The problem appears to have been fixed in the new version, thank you Chris

David