PDA

View Full Version : Differentiating Bodies

ssim
August 14th, 2007, 10:21 PM
While I am on the road, which is a lot, I normally quickly rename my images based on body type which has worked fine up to now. I have the 1DMKII, 1DsMKII and now the 1DMKIII. The 1Ds does show uniquely but both the 1DMKII and III show up as 1D. I have gone through the help on the batch renaming and can't find a solution to this. Is there a way that anyone can think of that will make the 1DMKII and 1DmkIII show as unique camera bodies in the batch renaming.

Thanks

Clive
August 15th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Have you told BDP to map using serial numbers, and mapped T8 and T9 suitably?

Woops - you are talking of renaming in Browser not Downloader. Don't waste your time - use Breeze Downloader Pro, do the mapping, and have it done for you, including all the safety checks that BDLP does. And an immediate backup before the images are deleted from the card, too.

Chris Breeze
August 15th, 2007, 08:29 AM
It would be much easier to use Downloader Pro's camera name mapping to do this as you download the images. For example you could use the camera name mapping to prefix the file names with 1DS, 1D2 or 1D3.

BreezeBrowser Pro only has @model@ to pick the whole camera model name (e.g. "Canon EOS-1D Mark III"), %T to pick out the first word containing a model number (which gives EOS-1D for both 1D Mark II and 1D Mark III) and %v which treats - as a word separator and gives 1D for both 1D Mark II and 1D Mark III.