PDA

View Full Version : Border getting chopped off by online site

nickdu
August 16th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Still somewhat new to BBPro. I just created some proofs and added a border. I didn't set any of the image size settings besides setting the border. I'm working with my raw Canon 30D images so the ratio is 1.5:1. I uploaded the proof and it displays fine on the online site. However, when I print preview the 4x6 image the border is chopped off the left and right sides. I'm just guessing that this is because the border that was added was not a 1.5:1 ratio. Is there a way to either get the border to match the image ratio or have the border be added to the inside of the image?

By the way, I was using the drop shadow 50 border.

Thanks,
Nick

Chris Breeze
August 17th, 2007, 08:05 AM
What's happening is the border is adding 50 pixels all around the image and this is changing the aspect ratio.
The easiest way to avoid this is probably to edit the border image so that it has a 1.5:1 aspect ratio. Alternatively you could carefully crop the image so that when the border is added it has the correct aspect ratio.

nickdu
August 17th, 2007, 11:25 AM
What's the best way to edit the frame file? I assume they are not just ordinary images as they must provide some information such that they're able to be used as frames.

Thanks,
Nick

nickdu
August 17th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Should have added this to my last reply.

So having BBPro add the frame to the inside of the picture is not a viable option?

Chris Breeze
August 20th, 2007, 11:51 AM
You can use any image editor to edit the border image. Please see the help file for details on how to lay it out.

It isn't really possible for BBPro to add the border inside the picture area because this would require the image to be resized and cropped.

nickdu
August 20th, 2007, 05:03 PM
By inside I mean put the border on the inside of the picture overlaying the pixels of the picture (and thus losing data). I would not have thought that this would require croping and resizing the picture.

Nick

Chris Breeze
August 21st, 2007, 09:24 AM
You'd still be losing some of the image. I think it's OK for cropping to lose some of the image because that's what cropping does but I don't think adding a border should.