PDA

View Full Version : GPS/Geotagging/Google Earth Feature Request

August 20th, 2007, 02:24 PM
I love the ability in the latest version of Downloader Pro to tag photos with GPS coordinates, but sometimes it would be easier for me to GPS tag the photos in BreezeBrowser. Also, BreezeBrowser has templates for Google Maps, How about Google Earth? Here's my wish list:

1) Select photos in BreezeBrowser and batch add GPS data
2) Select photos in BreezeBrowser and manually add GPS coordinates (sometimes I don't have my GPS with the camera, but I would like to lookup the coordinates and add them later)
3) Google Earth templates. This is a big one. With geotagged photos, I can provide visitors to my web site with the ability to Google Earth every photo I've taken. See this link: http://www.earthroamer.com/galleries/ca4/index.htm I've managed a workaround, but it shure would be nice to have this automated.

Bill Swails
www.EarthRoamer.com

Chris Breeze
August 21st, 2007, 09:01 AM
I am planning to add to BBPro's GPS capabilities in future releases and geo-coding is one of the things I want to look at. In the meantime you could use RoboGeo to do this.

It should be fairly easy to write an HTML template for BBPro which automatically generates the Google Earth KML file. The HTML generator can generate up to three sets of pages for each gallery (e.g. see the multi-view template) and so you could use one set for the HTML pages and another set for the KML files. To do this create index2_template.kml, fullsize2_template.kml and thumbnail2_template.kml files in the template folder. The index2_template.kml and thumbnail2_template.kml files can be empty and the fullsize2_template.kml should hold the KML info with tokens for the caption, GPS coords etc.