PDA

View Full Version : Slow Opening Folders

bmacphoto
August 23rd, 2007, 12:19 AM
Something is just not right.....I have the following setup.

BB 1.7.1
Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+
4 gigs of ram
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

Ever since I upgraded to this computer, I have had problems with BreezeBrowser. If I have a folder of images open, and then click on another folder, it can take a minute or longer to open the new folder. Everything runs slow....Renaming files, the program takes forever to count through the images. I was thinking it was something with my computer, but I checked out both ACDsee and PhotoMechanic, and both run normal. Is there a compatability issue with BB and Vista 64bit? I really need to figure this out....

Thanks,

Brian

Chris Breeze
August 24th, 2007, 08:05 AM
I'm not aware of any problems running BBPro on Vista 64 and haven't received any reports of problems from other users. I will do some tests on my system to see whether I can reproduce the problem.

Does it only run slow when opening folders or are other operations slow too? Does Task Manager show much CPU usage when BBPro is opening a folder?

bmacphoto
August 29th, 2007, 03:31 AM
No idea what is happening....Maybe it's something with my system, but the computer runs fine while BB is "Not Responding". I can switch to Photoshop or my browser and work while I wait, without any slowing.

http://www.bmac-photo.com/bb.jpg

I just waited almost two minutes on the above screen capture....It's when I have a folder of say 200 or more images.

bmacphoto
August 29th, 2007, 03:40 AM
Have no idea what "memory hard faults" are, but it does not look good when this is happening....Here is another screen capture.

I've done memory tests, and can't find anything wrong with my memory...you know what this is?

http://www.bmac-photo.com/bb2.jpg

Chris Breeze
August 29th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Memory "hard faults" occur when the memory an app wants to access is not in physical memory and has been saved to virtual memory on disk. Usually a large number of "hard faults" indicates that there is insufficient physical memory available. BBPro is only using 52Mb from your screenshot but several other apps appear to be using lots of memory (e.g. Photoshop is using 421Mb). Does the performance improve if you close the other apps to free up some memory?