PDA

View Full Version : Batch conversion incorrectly changing exposure

nickdu
August 26th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I can't figure out what's going on here. There are several files which need editing in photoshop. For some of these files I have already made changes to some of the BBPro settings (crop, exposure, etc.) and saved the sidecar file. So in this one directory there are raw files (canon 30D), some with sidecar files and some without. I choose 'edit-select all' and then right mouse choose 'batch convert raw images'. I choose 'TIFF 8 bit' and set the directory and select 'OK'. This is the second time I have done it and it appears there is still a problem. After the first time I noticed all the files were overexposed. I did the same thing over again and the files look much better, but some of the files are still overexposed. What's going on here?

Thanks,
Nick

nickdu
August 26th, 2007, 08:29 PM
By the way, if I convert the same image by itself (not via a batch) to TIFF 8 bit it comes out fine, the exposure is the same as the raw file.

Nick

DavidB
August 26th, 2007, 08:34 PM
The facility to save settings for Raw conversion is still work in progress (which is why it is not enabled by default). See this thread (http://www.breezesys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2212)

Files for which you have not saved settings will be converted as a batch using whatever settings are in the RAW conversion dialogue. I don't know what happens if to try to convert a mixed batch, some with saved settings and some without. I suspect that, in the current state of things, it may be wise to avoid mixed batches, unless Chris advises otherwise.

Hope this helps.