PDA

View Full Version : cdproc.exe crashes?

wrybread
February 28th, 2005, 11:11 PM
I finally got a power chord for my A80 so can run it much longer. Every once in a while though I get crashes in cdproc.exe. Anyone know what that program is, and is it possible to do anything to make it more stable?

Here's what shows up in the event log:

"Faulting application cdproc.exe, version 7.0.3.21, faulting module cdproc.exe, version 7.0.3.21, fault address 0x00015f83."

wrybread
March 3rd, 2005, 08:54 PM
I switched to an A40 with the CAnon drivers and havn't had a crash since. Not sure which of these fixed the problem, but I have a feeling its the Canon drivers.

Chris Breeze
March 4th, 2005, 05:28 PM
cdproc.exe is one of the files supplied as part of the Canon SDK. I have no idea what it does, but some cameras won't work if it is missing.

Emret
March 15th, 2005, 08:49 PM
cdproc.exe is one of the files supplied as part of the Canon SDK. I have no idea what it does, but some cameras won't work if it is missing.

Have the same problem with a 100% CPU on cdproc.exe from time to time.
Latest when I enable the Viewfinder in my App. My App is running fine, with no mem or CPU increased, but after a few seconds cdproc is runing wild and the only way to stop it is to kill it and restart XP-Home.

It seems to be more stable in XP-Pro, but I'm not sure!

################# Update ######################
I hade disabled HT in my BIOS, and XP-Home was installed with HT Enabled.

I don't know if it matters, but the problem with cdproc.exe running wild is gone when I enabled HT again.
------------------------ Update --------------------------------

Best regards,
/Emret