PDA

View Full Version : which powershot takes pics the fastest?

wrybread
March 2nd, 2005, 08:28 AM
Sorry to flood the board with questions, but just one more:

Does anyone know which Powershot takes pictures the fastest? I'm noticing a bit of a difference between them, I think it's mostly in how fast the flash recharges. Here's what I've tried so far: A40, A75, A85. Of the three, I think the A75 was the fastest, followed by A85, then A40.

I'm building a photobooth and they're all just too long for normal photobooth rhythm.

Does anyone know which is the fastest?

If anyone's curious, the photobooth is here:

http://wrybread.com/photobooth

It posts the last pic to that page, and keeps all the archives, which is linkable from that page. Also prints the pic next to the photobooth.

Chris Breeze
March 4th, 2005, 05:15 PM
I think they are all fairly similar. There is usually a delay of 2 to 3 secs while the camera focuses and takes the picture and then most PowerShot cameras transfer the image at around 0.3 to 0.5Mb/sec. I was a little disappointed to find that Canon are still using USB 1.1 on the new PowerShot 510 and 520. Currently only the EOS 20D and Digital Rebel XT have USB 2.0.

wrybread
March 4th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Interesting. I've found that most of the delay is from the flash though, as if I turn the flash off it takes pics super fast. And the A40 is brutally slow, like about 5 seconds between.