PDA

View Full Version : mov files not downloading

RichieE
March 10th, 2005, 12:22 AM
I have a Nikon 8800 and the movie files (Quicktime mov) don't come across when downloading.

Is there anything I can do to get them downloading too?

I have the latest version of Downloader Pro.

Thanks.

Richard

gunars
March 10th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Good question. In general, what files types will DLPro download? The web site just says:

File formats supported by Downloader Pro
* JPEGs and TIFFs from all digital cameras
* Raw files from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Fuji, Minolta, Pentax, Sony, Kodak, Sigma, Panasonic and Leica digital cameras
* Shooting data from all major formats including raw (not Sigma x3f) and JPEG

but I've seen mention of AVI files. Will DLP copy those? What about the .mpg MPEG movies from my Sony F717? I don't expect much of any handling, but it would be nice if DLPro would at least list them and download them and if BBPro would at least show an icon for them.

Chris Breeze
March 11th, 2005, 06:22 PM
I'll add support for .MOV and .MPG files in the next release. These files don't contain any shooting data and so you will only be able to use simple renaming options in DLPro.
AVI files from Canon cameras have a .THM thumbnail file which also contains shooting data which DLPro can use. I don't think movie files from other camera manufacturer's have this.
Currently DLPro supports virtually all still image formats used by cameras (JPG, JPE, JPEG, TIF, CRW, THM, CR2, NEF, ORF, SRF, MRW, RAW, RAF, PEF, X3F, DCR and ERF) plus .AVI movie files.

gunars
March 11th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Thanks! As I said, I don't expect much. The problem is that if I download all the stills with DLP, I forget to copy the mpg with something else. It would be nice if DLP just copied them, even without renaming, and if BBP would at least show an icon I could click on to launch some viewer.

Is there any rough estimate for when the new release will be coming?

Chris Breeze
March 14th, 2005, 08:47 AM
I need to test it with the new Canon EOS 350D/Digital Rebel XT (I should be getting one this week) and so it will probably be a couple of weeks before the next release is ready.

gunars
March 14th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Thanks, Chris! Any chance that it will address the issue I raised in a separate thread recently ("Renaming old files", 4 March) where DLPro bogs down when trying to "import" a large number of files from hard disk?

Otherwise, I'm planning to "migrate into" DLPro by moving smaller batches of directories into a work area and importing from there. Is that the best approach for now?

gunars
May 3rd, 2005, 05:48 PM
I'll add support for .MOV and .MPG files in the next release. These files don't contain any shooting data and so you will only be able to use simple renaming options in DLPro...

Is this release coming up soon?

Chris Breeze
May 4th, 2005, 07:16 AM
I'll probably release a minor update in July after Canon release the next PowerShot SDK.

gunars
June 2nd, 2005, 06:18 PM
Is the support for MPG files in the new 1.7 beta?

Chris Breeze
June 13th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Yes, DLPro v1.7 beta 1 does support the downloading of .mpg and .mov files. Pleae note that these files don't contain any shooting data and so the renaming options are limited.