PDA

View Full Version : Converting Canon G3 Raw files - problem

downloader
May 22nd, 2008, 07:58 PM
Hi... I have been converting Canon 1D raw files with Version 1.7.3.1 no problem and outputting to the 'CONVERTED' folder. Next trick is to try my G3 raw files. I did everything analogous to the setup for the 1D ( changed camera type to G3 ) but it crashed as soon as I wanted to convert a folder full of *.CRW and *.THM files. I've tried several things. Any ideas ? Thanks.

Chris Breeze
May 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'm not aware of any problems converting G3 raw files using BBPro v1.7.3.1 or the latest version, BBPro v1.8. I've just tried it with a batch of G3 raw files using both versions and it worked fine.
Please can you try reinstalling BBPro and/or using the latest version.

westynz
May 25th, 2008, 06:27 AM
I had a very similar problem with BBPro 1.7.2. See my thread at http://www.breezesys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2549 and the workaround I used.

I'm not sure if the 1.7.3.1 or 1.8 now have the later DLL's, thats a quesiton for ChrisB. I have not upgraded yet. (I'm only entitled to go to 1.7.3.1 due to my purchase date).

Rgds
Chris

Chris Breeze
May 28th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Unfortunately Canon have now officially stated that they will not be providing a PowerShot SDK for Windows Vista and so I am unable to use the updated raw conversion libraries for Vista. There is of course nothing to stop you copying the updated libraries to the BBPro installation folder but the SDK licence agreement doesn't allow me to distribute them with BBPro.