PDA

View Full Version : slide show extra

grnskl
June 18th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I wish there were some way to click on an image during a slideshow and get up the file info without exiting and going back to BB. Any chance of same?

DavidB
June 18th, 2008, 09:02 PM
I assume you mean the EXIF(and IPTC) data window. If so, I like this suggestion.

Ideally, for me, the option would be to have the data window display on top of the sideshow, so that you could use it as you already can in other views, as a reference which changes when the image changes. Metadata can sometimes be very useful when selecting and ranking images.

Chris Breeze
June 19th, 2008, 07:35 AM
You can display shooting data in the filename caption using the various tokens e.g. @lens@, @aperture@, @iso@. You could even use @exifSummary@ and toggle the display on and off by typing Ctrl+C during the slideshow.

DavidB
June 19th, 2008, 08:24 AM
You can display shooting data in the filename caption using the various tokens ... and toggle the display on and off by typing Ctrl+C during the slideshow.
Indeed, but with a large number of values, a caption is less easy to refer to than the EXIF data window. The caption is good for some uses, but I don't think that this invalidates the request.