PDA

View Full Version : No preview with Linear

Wayne Nelson
June 24th, 2008, 08:47 AM
This is a problem I have experienced with all versions of BB. I have just downloaded and installed 1.8 but the problem still exists:

For a lot of my Infrared images, I prefer doing a linear conversion. When I open the 1st raw file, the preview screen works correctly. However, when I open the next file (sometimes happens on the 3rd), there is no preview available. The only way to resolve the 'issue' is to close BB and re-open. The problem will occur after the 2nd or 3rd image again.

It is not a showstopper for me in that the raw conversion works fine, and I'm usually doing only a straight linear conversion with no gamma correction so the preview isn't absolutely necessary but it would be nice to know why this is occuring and if it can be resolved.

http://www.digitalir.co.uk/photos/BB_linear3.gif

Wayne

Chris Breeze
June 25th, 2008, 09:25 AM
It appears to be a strange bug in Canon's raw conversion libraries. As far as I can tell it only affects the preview of 30D raw files when using linear conversion. I can reproduce the problem on my system and after I get a blank preview if I convert a raw file from a different camera (e.g. 40D) and then go back to the 30D raw file it works again. I will try to find a workaround.