PDA

View Full Version : Proof command giving incorrect results

iain williams
June 24th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Hi - I just updated to a newer version of BBP. I'm now using BBP V1.7.1 (the next version allowed under my exisiting license).

Before I upgraded, the proof command from RAW files worked perfectly.

Since upgrading I note that when I use the proof command from a RAW file the resultant proof appears to be very dark. I am using the Canon 1DMK3, IDMK2N and 5D.

As I said, the previous version for the 5D and 1DMK2N worked flawlessly when using the proof command.

Interestingly, when I proof command a Jpeg the action works correctly (not dark). It seems the problem lies when using proof with RAW files. Has this capacity to proof RAW files been removed or altered?

Any ideas? Thanks.............Iain

DavidB
June 24th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Does 1.7.1. direct RAW conversion work normally? It did for me on my 5D RAW files. (I'm on 1.8 now, and prefer to convert and proof separately.)

iain williams
June 24th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Does 1.7.1. direct RAW conversion work normally? It did for me on my 5D RAW files. (I'm on 1.8 now, and prefer to convert and proof separately.)

I wonder what the issue is then.

When I proof from RAW any file the resultant proof is very dark.
When I proof from a Jpeg, the resultant proof is just fine.

I use the RAW/proof feature to make quick and easy proofs - those images selected then go to CS3 for conversion, etc.

maybe I need to go to the latest version.........Iain

Clive
June 25th, 2008, 07:16 AM
What colour space are you working in?

iain williams
June 25th, 2008, 08:04 AM
What colour space are you working in?

Adobe RGB Clive. ...Iain

Chris Breeze
June 25th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Please can you check the raw conversion settings in proofs by clicking on the "Raw settings..." button. It sounds as though "Linear conversion" may be set which would result in dark, somewhat desaturated images compared to normal raw conversion.

iain williams
June 25th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Please can you check the raw conversion settings in proofs by clicking on the "Raw settings..." button. It sounds as though "Linear conversion" may be set which would result in dark, somewhat desaturated images compared to normal raw conversion.

Hi Chris;

In the interim I downloaded and purchased the latest release of BBP & DLP thinking this may solve the issue - which it didn't.

I checked the linear conversion box & it was not ticked. So I ticked the box & ran BBP, then opened the box again and unticked LC before running BBP. Whatever the ticking and ticking did I have no idea, but it works now. Raws convert as proofs without going dark.

Thanks...........Iain :D