PDA

View Full Version : Support for Olympus E-510?

Michael Engelen
July 6th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hi Chris,

as a long time user of your products (for Canon equipment) I was glad to see that you also support some Olympus cameras. Regretly the people of Olympus do not have a standard RAW format for all of their cameras, so that the files coming from an E-510, which I recently purchased, are not processed properly. Are there any plans to support this model (and its brother, the E-520) anytime soon?

Michael

Chris Breeze
July 7th, 2008, 01:12 PM
BBPro's non-Canon raw conversion is based on David Coffin's DCRAW code and I recently completely rewrote BBPro's interface to this when adding Nikon D300 and D3 raw conversion. It may be possible use the same code as a starting point for Olympus E-510 and E-520 raw conversion. Do you have any sample E-520 raw files you could email to [email protected]? I have some E-510 samples but no E-520 raw files.

Michael Engelen
July 8th, 2008, 06:01 AM
BBPro's non-Canon raw conversion is based on David Coffin's DCRAW code and I recently completely rewrote BBPro's interface to this when adding Nikon D300 and D3 raw conversion. It may be possible use the same code as a starting point for Olympus E-510 and E-520 raw conversion. Do you have any sample E-520 raw files you could email to [email protected]? I have some E-510 samples but no E-520 raw files.

I'm sorry, Chris, but I only have E-510 RAWs at hand that I could send you. I wonder, if someone else on the forum can provide this