PDA

View Full Version : Web Gallery and file name display question

joemontana
July 21st, 2008, 11:50 PM
Hi, I use BB Pro to make web galleries for my dog agility photos at http://dogshots.biz

I don't need *all* the exif data on each picture, but I do need the filename. Is there a way to do that?

Joe

Chris Breeze
July 22nd, 2008, 07:48 AM
You can do this by editing the fullsize_template.htm file with a text editor like notepad and removing the line with @exif@. Alternatively you could replace @exif@ with @file@ to display the filename instead of the EXIF data.

DavidB
July 22nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
It's usually a good idea to make a copy of the template folder (obviously with a different name) in the same location as the original. You can then experiment as much as you like. The name of the new folder is the name that is shown in the HTML dialogue.

joemontana
July 22nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
I've scoured the fullsize_template_htm for the black template (I like it best), and cannot find @exif@

Joe

PS. I just inserted @file@, it seems to work now. I don't check the "show exif..." box. All that comes up is the filename, just like I want.

Thanks for a great product Chris!

You can do this by editing the fullsize_template.htm file with a text editor like notepad and removing the line with @exif@. Alternatively you could replace @exif@ with @file@ to display the filename instead of the EXIF data.

joemontana
July 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Hi Chris, David, or whomever else might know.
Is there a place; help file, etc; that I might look and find the different commands I can put in to edit the template files?

Never Mind...:-), I found exactly what I was looking for in the online Help file. I"m still puzzled by the lack of @exif@ in my full size template.

Clive
July 22nd, 2008, 08:40 PM
I"m still puzzled by the lack of @exif@ in my full size template
Perhaps Chris overlooked the user setting to "show exif...", and assumed that instead of the default @caption@, your template had the exif flag.

You might prefer the look of the filename with last 4 characters of the file extension dropped, using @fileNoExt@.

Chris Breeze
July 23rd, 2008, 09:07 AM
Some templates use the config.dat file the config subfolder to add options to the HTML dialog and set the @user1@, @user2@ and @user3@ values in the template files. e.g. the config.dat file for the black template adds a "Show EXIF shooting data" checkbox to the HTML dialog which when selected substitutes @exif@ for @user3@ in the template files.