PDA

View Full Version : BreezeBrowser Pro v1.9 beta 1 released

Chris Breeze
July 25th, 2008, 03:00 PM
BreezeBrowser Pro v1.9 beta 1 is now available for download from http://www.breezesys.com/news.htm

This beta release includes the following changes:

Added geo-tagging of images using GPS track logs or manually using Google Earth
Added auto display of image locations in Google Earth while browsing images
Added Nikon D60 raw conversion
Raw conversion window can now be resized to allow larger previews
Added the following new tokens for extracting parts of strings: {left,n,str}, {mid,n,m,str}, {right,n,str}, {first,str}, {last,str}
Added image sort by file created or file modified date options to View->Image order->Sort by shooting data...

To upgrade please ensure no copies of BreezeBrowser Pro are running and then download and install the new release. It isn't normally necessary to uninstall the old version first. However, if you have problems installing the new release please try uninstalling the old release and then reinstall the new release.

It may be necessary to press the refresh button on your web browser in order to see the updated pages on the website.

DavidB
July 28th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Chris

Kaspersky Internet Security wrongly flagged up the beta 1 installer as a worm when I installed it on my Vista 64 system today (my XP system, on which I tried it earlier, has AVG and gave no problem). Fortunately, Kaspersky does provide an option to ignore the warning, so I was able to install the beta. However, I thought you ought to know.

David

Chris Breeze
July 29th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Unfortunately antivirus software packages flag false positives from time to time. I can assure you that BBPro does not contain any viruses or other malware and that all of our computers are rigorously checked for viruses every day using up to date antivirus software.

False positives like this are extremely annoying and are damaging to my business but there is little I can do to stop them.

DavidB
July 30th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I can assure you that BBPro does not contain any viruses or other malware and that all of our computers are rigorously checked for viruses every day using up to date antivirus software.For me, that goes without saying.

Dr. Tassilo Seeger
July 31st, 2008, 08:42 PM
BreezeBrowser Pro v1.9 beta 1 is now available for download from http://www.breezesys.com/news.htm
Raw conversion window can now be resized to allow larger previews

Hi Chris,
thanks for the update.

When I enlarge the window, convert a file and open the window for another picture, the size his again smaller. Is there a possibility to fix the size of the raw conversion window ?

And a further question:
a friend give me some Nikon-D3-Raw-Pictures, and I want to convert it with BBP, but I can`t find a button for the exposure compensation ? (like in the Canon Raw Conversion Window). Have I overlooked something ?

Cheers
Tassilo

Chris Breeze
August 1st, 2008, 04:05 PM
Hi Chris,
thanks for the update.

When I enlarge the window, convert a file and open the window for another picture, the size his again smaller. Is there a possibility to fix the size of the raw conversion window ?
Sorry I can't reproduce this on my system. If I resize the raw conversion window, convert a raw file and then open the raw conversion window to convert another raw file the window is the same size as when it was last closed.

And a further question:
a friend give me some Nikon-D3-Raw-Pictures, and I want to convert it with BBP, but I can`t find a button for the exposure compensation ? (like in the Canon Raw Conversion Window). Have I overlooked something ?

Cheers
Tassilo
Exposure compensation is provided by the Canon raw conversion routines which are available as part of Canon's SDK. Nikon raw files are converted using raw conversion routines based on the open source DCRAW converter and this doesn't provide options for exposure compensation.

Dave H
August 1st, 2008, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Tassilo Seeger View Post
Hi Chris,
thanks for the update.

Sorry I can't reproduce this on my system. If I resize the raw conversion window, convert a raw file and then open the raw conversion window to convert another raw file the window is the same size as when it was last closed.

Chris I can reproduce this using Sony ARW files as well.

Dave H

Dr. Tassilo Seeger
August 4th, 2008, 08:00 PM

Exposure compensation is provided by the Canon raw conversion routines which are available as part of Canon's SDK. Nikon raw files are converted using raw conversion routines based on the open source DCRAW converter and this doesn't provide options for exposure compensation.

Hi Chris,
thanks for your information about the NEF-Files and their converting.

With the raw-conversion-window I`m a bit confused:
on my old W2k-System the window stay in the former size,
but on my XP-pc the window gets always smaller - may be an adjustment in XP ? Has anyone an idea ?

Thanks
Tassilo

Chris Breeze
August 5th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Sorry I still can't reproduce this on my system with Sony, Nikon or Canon raw files. I use Windows XP SP3 on most of my PCs and haven't had any problems with the sizing of the window.
BBPro only saves the settings to the Windows registry when it exits and so these could be lost if it exits abnormally or if registry cleaning software removes the saved settings. If you only get the problem after exiting and restarting BBPro it may be a Windows registry problem.

delenca
August 5th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Chris,

I see the same behavior (window resizes back to default size when I advance to the next raw - nothing to do with restarting BBPro).

System: XP Pro SP2
Canon raws (.crw from 300D).

I don't use registry cleaning software and BBPro does not seem to exit improperly.

Cheers,
-Alex

Chris Breeze
August 6th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I'm still unable to reproduce this on my system. Please could you list the exact sequence of actions to reproduce the problem?

Dave H
August 6th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Chris

I've just tried this again and it now behaves as it should...!! (using .crw and .arw files)

Oh, the joy of computers.

(Vista Home Basic)

delenca
August 7th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Hmm, odd. Now it works for me too. I tried beta 2 and the window never strayed from the chosen size. Who knows why it's working now... Now, the question somebody is going to ask is: how do you reset the window to its default size? :-)

-Alex

Dr. Tassilo Seeger
August 9th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Hi together,
finally I could solve the problem:
I`m working with two monitors - I run BBPro on the secondary monitor, and the size of the Raw-Converting-Window goes always on default.
Now I define this monitor as primary and it works perfect.

Cheers
Tassilo