PDA

View Full Version : Photobooth Timing

djitchy
January 7th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Hello Fellow PS-Remoters!

Just wanted to see if anyone has had any problems with timing of when the booth picture is taken. I'm using PS Remote with a Canon s-45 (i know-old). And one of the issues that was brought up was that the people taking the booth picture did not know when it took the picture. I noticed that the "look at the camera" (taking.jpg) displays for about 6 seconds. I don't have a strobe flash set up so people don't know when the picture was actually taken. The live viewfinder also pauses for a few seconds after/during when the picture is being taken which mistakenly leads people to believe that it was the actual picture that was captured.

Would getting a new camera fix these apparent slow processing issues? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jay1
January 7th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Check out the page-

Photobooth issues w/PS Remote

Chris Breeze
January 8th, 2009, 08:14 AM
The S45 has a USB 1.1 interface and takes much longer to download each image than more recent cameras which use USB 2.0. Setting the camera to shoot small JPEGs will reduce the download time. The photobooth can't display the countdown screen for the next picture until the current picture has been downloaded.

jay1
January 9th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Chris
I have a G7 2.0 -its still doing the same thing!

Chris Breeze
January 12th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Part of the problem is that PowerShot cameras can be slow to take pictures due to AF and auto exposure delays. You can reduce the delay by using AF lock and manual exposure. (AF lock needs to be set after connecting to the camera or changing the zoom settings).